I'm sure you're just as sick of reading about the snow as I am of writing about it. I am still living it, though, so it is truly the focal point of my troubles lately.
Chad is fat. Yes, I know, Labs are supposed to be stocky. But this dog needs some exercise. I see other dogs out there, bundled up in sub-zero degree weather, slipping on the ice, walking their dogs. Sure, I could do that. I just choose not to. Besides, then Nola, my teacup (but wide) Pomeranian, would want to come, too. And trust me, this Diva would be dragging on the leash after two blocks of walking on the icy streets. Besides, the salt and sand are irritating for their paws. And no, they will not wear "snow boots" - don't even go there.
I've also chubbed out in the last month. For a while there, I was a regular gym rat: I was on that elliptical like an addict, going for the "runners high" that came along with an intense workout, staying on long after the bell rang. Not anymore. Between the kids being sick, the cold weather, and the power of comfort foods, I've totally lost the motivation to attempt to find parking in the snow mountain that is the gym parking lot. It hardly seems worth the anxiety.
Unfortunately, I know I'm going to regret my foray into freestyle eating once Spring comes. And trust me, it may not seem like it right now, but Spring will arrive. Soon. I think anyone over the age of 34 can attest to the fact that this winter will soon be a blur, replaced by torrents of rain and mud puddles.
Hopefully I'll get out before then. If not, I'll be the chubby one with the headphones on, walking the rotund dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment