Still feeling that deprivation here in NY. I think we all feel it: The kids have been particularly whiny, and the babies - well, okay, Little Mister - has been quick to cry.
I, for one, feel like I need a good, old-fashioned night out with my husband and some friends. There are several problems with this notion, however:
1. I can't stay awake past 9pm (unless I'm in bed trying to fall asleep)
2. I'm broke
3. I miss the kids too much
Yes, that's right: Those whiny, crying, bratty kids who have been fighting over the way the covers fold lately, are what keep me home. Gosh, I love those little ones. True, I would like to banish them to their rooms until Spring most nights, but in the end, the thought of leaving them for several hours is too much to bear. Particularly when I know I can't catch up on my sleep the next day.
Aha! There it is: Reason #4, added at the end of a paragraph intended to make me sound like Mother Teresa. Yes, I really do miss my kids. But in the end, going out hardly seems worth sacrificing sleep for. Trust me - nothing gets between me and a good night's sleep.
Well, except maybe a crying baby (or two)...
No comments:
Post a Comment