Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Walking to School

What a great way to save energy: Walking to and from school with my little ones. This morning, I walked with my two elementary-school-age boys. There was a nice breeze, and we bonded over various things as we walked. Once we got to the crossing guard, they left me in the dust. Sigh. It was nice while it lasted.

This afternoon, as I was leaving to walk and pick them up, my four-year-old ran out the door with me. So, we walked together. We observed the trees, flowers, and houses. We looked for the Ice Cream Man (Jordan's obsession). We chatted. We skipped. He sucked on a Tootsie Pop.

One block from the crossing guard, Jordan skipped - and tripped. He went down hard, screaming and crying. He wouldn't let me pick him up, continuing to scream for a good five minutes. Finally, I inspected the wounds: One skinned knee, one skinned elbow. "Mommy, next time we have to take the car so I don't fall!" So much for walking.

It's summer. The weather is beautiful, not too hot, not too cold. Soon school will be over and camp will start. The boys will get to play in the park and ride their bikes more often. We will swim and play the summer away.

Time to stock up on Band-aids!

No comments:

Post a Comment