Right now, as I type, I am waiting for a call from Little Missy's* caseworker. She is in court, waiting for the judge to order her to be remanded to her father's custody.
I am taking a break from packing. I need this break, as I was getting all of her freshly washed clothes soaking wet with my tears. The last thing I need is to have to rewash all of the clothes again, though I am considering it. Not because of the tears, though. I am staring at all of the collars of her onsies and noticing, from her "new" family's eyes, that many of them have a slight discoloration from her drooling. Little Missy is teething, and despite constantly wearing a bib, the drool is still getting to the collar of her shirts. I think I am over-focusing on this to avoid the harsh reality of what I'm really doing. And it was working for a while.
It was the frog that did it. My sister bought Little Missy the cutest stuffed pink-and-green frog for Christmas. It has big purple eyes and a huge smile. I took one look at this stuffed frog and totally lost it. Darned frog.
So, I am taking a slight break. Particularly since my work computer is also down. I have a high priority call in to my company's Help Desk, but my ticket has not been assigned yet. While I wait for the call, and instead of packing the rest of Little Missy's things, I sit here, blogging and bawling. Boo hoo hoo for me.
Luckily, both Little Missy and Logan are napping. She's been particularly clingy this week, probably sensing the change coming down the pike. I sure hope she doesn't cry too much in her new home. I hope she adjusts quickly and learns to love her new home.
I will always love her. There will always be an empty spot in my heart for her. Forever.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've run out of tissues.
*For privacy reasons, Little Missy's real name will not be used in this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment