Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Back on the Granola

So, I've been fighting the cold that has been passed back and forth from my husband to my kids for about a month now. Back and forth. Back and forth. It doesn't help that both my kids AND my husband keep coughing directly into my mouth. Yuck.

While I've felt tired and green and have been coughing a bit, I haven't had any of the all-out flu symptoms that the rest of the family have, so I'd like to think that I'm safe. Still, the stress has caused me to relapse: I'm back on the granola. Even hidden among healthy ingredients such as nonfat yogurt and strawberries, we all know how unhealthy it really is, despite claims to the contrary. What I really need is to find some time to get back to the gym...

It's another week before my older three boys start camp, and they seem to bicker about variations of the same things all day long: Video games ("It's MY turn"), computer access(Cartoon Network vs. Bakugan episodes in Japanese), and general lack of consideration ("He HIT me!" "No, he hit me first, and I was just returning the favor!"). Luckily my little one went back to "school" this week. It's only three days a week, but it's 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, which is really nice.

Ryan, my six-year-old, asked me yesterday how old I will be when he's 26. I'm not sure where that arbitrary number came from. All I know is, I got really depressed when my eight-year-old yelled out the answer. All I could think was, "Why did I eat that granola???"

Oh well. It's summer. That has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment