So, I had been doing great and lost 13 1/2 lbs. Yeah! Then, life intervened. Event after event found me eating out with the PTA, with my family, at Friendly's, hitting the Diner and Burger King, ordering pizza, and, finally, the clincher: Binging on Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream in the HUGE container. I really did buy this for the boys; however, it turns out that no one but me even likes Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. So, I had a cone (the Keebler's Sugar Cones were on sale). Then another. Then another. Pretty soon there was a spoon sticking straight into the container, an open box of sugar cone crumbs, and......me. Bleggggh. I was a bloated mess.
Back I went to my diet plan. Since my success last month included eating an entire bag of carrots after breakfast (the mini carrots), I purchased seven mini bags for the week and went to town.
Man, is it hard to eat an entire bag of mini carrots when all you want is more Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. On top of that, my carrots appear to be multiplying INSIDE OF THE BAG as I eat them! So, I will eat them and eat them and eat them. An hour later, I look up from the computer to find an almost-full bag sitting in front of me. How is that possible???
Of course, my boys have been especially hungry this week. In fact, my parting gift to them was baked macaroni and cheese, "dirty" rice and beans, and BBQ chicken with potatoes and carrots. Do they want this? Of course not. And yes, Mommy went grocery shopping and bought all of their favorite foods and snacks. Is this what they want? Of course not. What do my kids want: Why, my prepackaged food and snacks, of course!!! Dylan, a vegetarian like me, only wants to eat my vegetarian lasagna and macaroni and cheese (even though I made him his OWN macaroni and cheese and bought him vegetarian lasagna, which, of course, he does not like). I have to sneak downstairs and eat it standing up, just in case they sneak up on me. One night, I actually had to hide my puny little dessert behind me on a chair. Sadly, Chad also thought it looked rather tasty, and so when the boys finally went back upstairs, he was licking his lips, having swallowed it in one bite.
Just in case my mother is reading this blog: Yes, Mom, I do share my desserts with them if they catch me eating them, and I certainly buy them whatever they want. They really do eat, in spite of the whining and "But I'm HUNGRY!!!!!" that you hear in the background whenever you call me after dinner is over. They are just, well, always hungry!
Well, I'm off to eat one of my fruits (I get three a day). Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment