I have officially succumbed: The Cough is upon me. Try as I may, I cannot escape my germ-filled household. Oh the agony!
Today is Day 5 of my boys being home from school, and Dylan is as surly as an eight-year-old boy can possibly be. All I can say is, he is SO lucky that he was born into this family - any other one would have locked him in his room until he hit 18. While I am tempted, it seems I can't even give him a time out for more than five minutes, as he is afraid to be alone (oh my heart!!!). If I stay next to him in a time out, he just mouths off to me, so that doesn't work. Thank goodness he starts camp on Monday. At least he will be with his friends in the park, instead of fighting with his brothers at home. Unfortunately I had to save my days off for their camp-free time at the end of August, so I am trying to work while all of the fighting goes on. Never a good thing. Luckily, most of the world is out of the office today for the 4th of July weekend, so I haven't had to actually take any calls today yet. Still, it's only 10:28 am ET, so that could change at any moment...
Ryan's kindergarten teacher gave me a Dunkin' Donuts gift card as an end-of-year gift, and I have been using it like crazy. It' such a treat to get an iced coffee instead of making one myself, though today's cup really put hair on my chest. I had to add more ice and milk....I'm such a light-weight. My boys also get treats: Pink donuts with sprinkles for the little ones, plus an Old Fashioned for Dad. What an awesome gift! I hope she is equally enjoying her end-of-year gift - she's such a wonderful teacher. My boys have been so lucky thus far.
My company recently switched to Outlook. I was one of the people eagerly anticipating the switch, having used it on my home computer for years. As an early adapter, I was upgraded prior to the rest of my department.
Be careful what you wish for. Our version is full of checks, balances and trip wires, making it extremely difficult to send an email to a client or set up an "Out of Office" message without multiple steps for internal and external sources. I know I will get used to it at some point, but for now, I miss the ease of use of my former email client.
This is Mom to Four Whiny Kids, signing off for now.....
No comments:
Post a Comment