Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sick Babies and Snowy Days

My youngest boy is sick again. He woke up from his nap on Friday with red cheeks, and I just knew. I haven't slept since, and neither has he.

It's hard to have the energy to get anything done when you have a sick baby. I did make an effort to get to the gym. Unfortunately, by the time I got back around home after driving two of my children to their activities, I couldn't muster the energy to pull into the parking lot. Oh well.

I watched "Driving Miss Daisy" for the very first time today when I finally got my sick baby down for a nap. At the end, when Morgan Freeman was feeding Jessica Tandy's character her pie, I burst into tears. Princess squeezed my hand comfortingly from where she sat in my lap sucking on her first finger (she stopped sucking her thumb after wearing a band-aid on it for two days but moved right on to the next finger on that hand). All I could think was, "That's going to be ME someday!" Yep, I could just picture it: My eldest, fork in hand, feeding me pie while I sit in my wheelchair. I guess lack of sleep will do that to you.

Next Oprah interviewed the cast of "Roots" 35 years later. I could have sat there all day, but I forced myself out of my cocoon and went downstairs to cook dinner.

Another weekend gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment