Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Black Skies and Coffee

I know for a fact that our distant ancestors did not get up when it was dark outside. They slept until the sun greeted them, then they stayed out and worked until the sun went down. I think I will even be so bold as to say that if it rained all day, they stayed in and, well, slept.

This morning, Logan woke me up at 5am. Mind you, his daddy is working later hours this week, and he had just crawled into bed three hours before this. He nursed (no amount of "but you're almost two!" would convince him not to), then fell back to sleep with a sigh.

Now awake, I fumbled around for my iPhone. I pulled up FaceBook, and I found this quote from sixtysecondparent:

Parents are often so busy with the physical rearing of children that they can miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is lost when raking leaves. ~Marcelene Cox

Well, that quote was as good as any excuse not to get out of bed. After all, why go to the gym when you can lie in bed listening to two babies snore for a little bit longer? So that's what I did: I lay in bed listening to the babies, enjoying the feel of Logan's back against mine, Listening to the Princess making her sleepy thumb-sucking noises, thinking about how fleeting this moment was.

Eventually, I had to extricate myself from his octopus-like embrace. I came downstairs and made some Tully's French Roast. My oldest just joined me, talking about rehearsals (he's in two plays: High School Musical and Thoroughly Modern Millie) with a light in his eyes.

Hold onto your moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment