Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Introduction

Hi! I'm Michelle, and I'm here to wow you with stories from my incredibly exciting life! Here's some background on us:

I met my husband when I was young and carefree. And yes, I met him at work! We were really good friends who fell for each other slowly, over time. I highly recommend that path for finding a life partner, as we truly love each other and have a lot of trust in each other. Besides our shared love for karaoke and dancing, we also both love children and family.

We have four boys, ages 10, 8, 6 and 3. They are such wonderful and loving kids that I always say, if I were ten years younger, I'd have four more! Sure, our days can be crazy, noisy and exasperating, but they are also fun, exciting, and full of love. My husband is the type who can come home from a long day of work and still have enough energy to stop at the supermarket, then come home and play ball with the boys in the backyard for a few hours. I, on the other hand, expire by about 8:30 - 9:00 pm. Oh it's so sad! There are many nights when my three-year-old is still going, but I am lying in bed saying, "Please go to sleep! Mommy's tired!!!"as he jumps up and down on my bed. Soon, all of the kids are in there, jumping up and down, barely missing important body parts (or sometimes, landing on one and causing me to cry out "Owwww! You got me!!!"). I'm just waiting for the bed to collapse from the strain one of these days....

We have decided to expand our family by adopting through the foster care system. I've always wanted to do this, I've just been too busy being pregnant for the last 12 years. Now that I'm officially not pregnant or nursing, we are moving forward with this and are just waiting for the right opportunity. Our families are very supportive, and our boys are excited at the prospect of providing a Forever Home to a child who needs one.

Stay tuned for more!

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment