Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Thursday, March 11, 2021

 ...and then it was March.

Hello! With the weather warming up, I've been inspired to go outside! 

Well, I am THINKING about going outside. You know, when I am free. During the day maybe, if I am not on calls. Maybe for a mid-day walk, if I have enough time and can find my sneakers.

Is anyone else having this problem? 

I've been working from home for 16 1/2 years. I always work from my office, and I'm on a "stay at your desk until you're done" schedule. Lately this means I'm at my desk pretty late.  I know this because yesterday, I grabbed a plate of food and sat down with my family at 8:15 pm EST, and my 17-year-old, Ryan, asked: "Oh, you're off work early today?"

Yep, it's like that.

Since the pandemic hit, I have definitely been averse to spending time outdoors. I force myself sometimes and am then glad that I did, but I am still pretty much inside, working working working, then catching up on everything that needs to get done at home on the weekends. This has resulted in - you guessed it - The Pandemic 30. I start to eat healthy and meal prep, only for everything to come crashing down after a couple of days with no healthy food in the house (with six kids, everything good gets eaten quickly) and no time to make anything.

So, yeah, I'm fat now. Fat and stressed. Not a good combination.

Anyone going through this? I'm feeling overwhelmed, but I'm not ready to give up yet! Saturday sounds like a great time to start over.

The good thing is, my oldest son, Ayden, saw how stressed my husband and I were and sprung for a hotel room 15 minutes away on the beach for us. It took us a bit to unwind, but we had an amazing day on Saturday collecting shells on the beach, then enjoyed a nice dinner at a socially-distanced table in a great local restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. It may have only been 25 degrees outside, but we bundled up and got out there! Best weekend in a long time, even if we did come back to a train wreck in our kitchen. It was worth it! That's the great thing about having a big family - they are all there to pitch in with their siblings and the animals (3 dogs, 6 birds). 

Ciao for now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment