Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Children of the Heat

The heat is getting to my kids. They are fighting more than usual (if that's possible), and this includes (plastic) sword fights, and even a bagel in the face. Yes, it's true: I walked into the living room to find my ten-year-old half-laughing, half-crying, with butter all over his right eye and cheek. My eight-year-old bagel flinger then ate said bagel. Sigh.

We're all cranky. I'll yell at them to stop the insane fighting one minute, then try to spend some quality time in the air conditioning the next with with them one at a time. Is it working? Nope. Well actually, the yelling seems to be working better than the bonding moments, but that won't stop me from trying.

Even my mother-in-law is yelling (OK she is always yelling at the older ones, but it's more frequent than usual). I keep catching one or the other of my boys sneaking off with a baby in their arms....I guess they are trying to help! She gets mad, but I can't help but laugh. Especially when there is also a plastic sword being wielded in the process. Little swashbucklers!

The two babies are wreaking havock in the kitchen: opening the refrigerator and dumping everything on the floor, pulling the doors off the lower cabinets, yanking garbage out of the pail. Yikes! Back to the living room with them...

Signing off to chase the babies around, and maybe have a sword fight with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment