Normally, I'd be thrilled to be a part of the process. Hey, it's a day off from work.
Unfortunately, timing couldn't be worse right now. For one thing, today is Parent Teacher Conferences. I really wanted to be there, particularly since my kindergartner needs a little extra help. Secondly, the Princess has a visit with mom and dad today. Thirdly, I still have to do work when I get home. There's just too much of it not to. Gone are the days when I could take a day off and come in fresh. Instead, I come back dreading everything that has built up in my absence. Sigh.
Right now, I'm thinking that I drank too much coffee. I really need to use the restroom, but whenever I'm waiting for something, they call my name at the exact moment I enter the restroom. That happened last month at court for the Princess. I hear they spent five entire minutes calling my name before giving up and moving on (hey, there was a line).
Not this time. I'm going to sit right here until they call me. Or until lunchtime. Or until I turn purple. Whichever comes first.
No comments:
Post a Comment