Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Monday, February 28, 2011

School Lunch

It's raining outside, and I'm drinking one of my last three K-cups as I sit in front of the computer. Hard to believe that in ten minutes, the entire house will be in disarray as I frantically attempt to get my three elementary-school boys up, dressed, and out of the house.

Does anyone hate making lunches as much as I do? I really don't think so. I remember when I went to school, my Mom made my lunch every single day. While I remember being extra happy about the occassional favorite, I don't ever remember complaining or sending home an uneaten, squished sandwich at the end of the day. My kids, on the other hand, are experts on how NOT to like your daily lunch. Some don't like jam, some don't like bread. Two eat only whole wheat bagels, one won't eat bagels with anything other than butter, one eats cream cheese, but only sometimes. Two like salami but one will only eat it on certain days (think: full moons and Year of the Rabbit), and one is vegetarian but vegan-when-the-mood-strikes, so dairy is only okay sometimes.

So this morning, I sit here, drinking coffee and blogging. I have not made any lunches yet. My oldest, 12, has been making his own since the 4th grade. My 4th grader will make it if I ask him to. He'll even make his brothers' lunches if I ask. I think today is one of those days.

It's still raining, but at least it's not snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment