I loved it too much. I just can't imagine any other reason it would break on me. Sure, the k-cups are expensive. And yes, it's true, I can only make one cup at a time. But doggone it, I loved my Keurig Platinum coffee maker. That is, until it stopped working on Wednesday morning.
I went through all of the emotions: Shock, denial, anger, profound sadness. Eventually, I stopped googling for answers and went to Starbucks for a double-shot gingerbread latte. And it was good. Very good. But it wasn't my "morning cup."
I did try to direct my anger in a positive manner by going to the gym. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay longer than 30 minutes since we had a party to go to. Yes, it helped to work out (especially after the double-shot latte), but I was back home in a flash to shower and get the kids ready for the holiday party.
Last night, my husband and I "descaled" the coffee maker for hours (poured vinegar through it and ran it over and over again). I was therefore hopeful that all of this "descaling" would result in an operable coffee maker this morning, now that I'm back to work.
No such luck. I tried and tried but couldn't get it to work properly. Worse, the two cups of coffee I did attempt to make tasted thickly of vinegar. Blechhh.
By 10:00 am, my head was throbbing. By 11:00 am, I could not even think about going out in the world to buy a cup. Kids ran around me, screaming, shooting each other with nerf guns. Babies cried, phones rang. I was completely unable to function or remember my own name.
At noon, my nine-year-old had had enough and told me he was going to the deli and would be right back. He returned with a large cup of strong, black coffee (along with cheese doodles, two bagels with cream cheese, and a snapple).
Within 25 minutes, I remembered all of my children's names. By 1:00 pm, I could actually smile without my head throbbing. And now, I am at the computer typing actual sentences.
Ahh, beautiful coffee. I missed you. Please don't ever leave me again.
Wait a minute - now I have to go out and buy another coffee maker. Looks like I'll be flying out the door as soon as my husband gets home.
Until tomorrow...I bid you adieu. In the meantime, here's an interesting article for the politically minded:
http://www.slate.com/id/2279267/
No comments:
Post a Comment