Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Death by Orange Soda

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged in a while. No, I'm not pregnant again. And yes, I still have the same foster baby, who actually sleeps much better than my biological son, who has been treating me like an all-night-buffet six out of seven days a week for the last two months.

But I digress. The culprit was actually my normally-responsible oldest son, who, at twelve, appears more like thirty-seven most days. To reward him for being so naturally wonderful and to give him a break from breaking up fights between his brothers, we let him spend the day solo with my Mom and my sister, who spoiled him rotten all day long.

We had just picked him up, and he was bringing in the groceries that my Mom had bought just for him, which included Pringles and orange soda, the latter of which I almost never buy. He was so excited and pumped up that he forgot all about the bottle of orange soda that, for some reason, he left on top of the home laptop on the kitchen table, rather than putting it right into the fridge.

Who knew there was a leak in the bottle? I wiped up some spilled orange soda on the top of the laptop, thinking that was the end of it. It wasn't until the next day, when I turned it on and it fizzled and *poof!* imploded, that I realized something was seriously wrong INSIDE the computer.

I called Dell and had them walk me through some trouble-shooting steps. Once I got the mother board out, I noticed the sticky orange substance that had apparently permeated the entire inside of my beloved computer. Worse, this "death by orange soda" was not covered under my current warranty.

Boooohoooohooo! There went all of my data. Gone in a flash. I am still mourning its loss.

It took two months, but a suitable replacement finally appeared on QVC with five flex pays. It arrived the other day, and with it, my three-year warranty that covers drops and spills.

Because you never know when my Mom will decide to buy us orange soda again.

No comments:

Post a Comment