Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Babies Don't Sleep....But Husbands Do

My husband and Princess are both asleep right now. Little Mister and I, on the other hand, have been watching Elmo for hours. Last night, Princess and I were awake for hours while he and Little Mister slept. It's so not fair. On top of that, my five-year-old woke up twice last night. Five years old, and he still doesn't sleep well. Almost makes me want to fast-forward a few years. Almost, but not quite.

I've been working out like a madwoman (OK three times a week, but for me, that's a miracle). If only I could lay off the donuts. I used to smoke about 3/4 pack a day about 15 years ago, and I was much thinner then. Now, I stress eat donuts, oatmeal, pasta, the kids' snacks - you name it. I know I'm much healthier now that I don't smoke. I really do know that. Right now, though, while I'm trying to get my pre-baby-times-five body back, it's hard to feel good about it.

I woke up today, at 5am, and realized that Thanksgiving is this week. I am NOT prepared. I have not shopped, nor have I done any cooking/storing of food for the big event, which will be at my house. I'm thinking spaghetti and corn on the cob. I hope that's all right with everyone.

If my ramblings feel disjointed, it's probably due to lack of sleep. Luckily, my 12-year-old is awake. Think I'll pawn off the baby on him and try to get to the gym. I may have to strap myself to the handlebars so I don't fall off...but at least I can listen to music through the headphones for a little while. Alone. Solo. Sigh.

Adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment