Too Cool

Too Cool
Baby Batman (or, as we call him, Bam Bam)

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Uncertainty

As a foster parent, you always live with uncertainty. It's the New Normal. I know that.

And yet, I still have my moments when the questions creep into my head: "What will happen?" "When will I know?" "Why did they decide that?" They come and go, but they are always there.

It's funny how love just hits you out of nowhere sometimes. When our new foster child arrived, I observed certain characteristics with objectivity, and I listened to case details with an open mind. Suddenly, the things I "observed" about my foster child now cause my chest to swell with pride, my heart to fill with love. Case details cause my eyes to well up with tears. A laugh from my foster child results in my laughter.

We are a global village, and I will always love these children. I can only hope that their lives are as wonderful as I want them to be, and that their Guardian Angels follow them and protect them when I no longer can.

No comments:

Post a Comment